I think your question is what are the best starting hands for Texas Hold'em...............
This list was something Phil Hellmuth put out as the top ten starting hands for a Hold'em No Limit Tournament.
As a place to start, it is a good list, but as you become more experienced you will add to this list.
Statistically a pair in your hand is 50% or better to win against any other non-pair hand when played all the way to the river. This includes 22 vs AK (which is basically 50-50).
AK is considered a very good starting hand in No-Limit as it is only dominated by two other hands, AA and KK. Even against a smaller pair like JJ it is only a small underdog (depending on suits and details 47% chance to win vs. the JJ 53%) and is a significant favorite over any other non-pair hand.
A small pair can be dangerous, because if someone has a larger pair you are a big underdog and likely to win less then 20% of the time. That is why in Phil's list AK and AQ are listed above pairs 6 and lower.
Here is a list of possible poker hands from the best and highest value down to the lowest:
A full house is a five-card combination of three of a kind and a pair, such as K-K-K-2-2. When there are two full houses, the winner is the hand with the higher ranking three of a kind. An example would be J-J-J-5-5 would beat 9-9-9-A-A. In wild card games, two players could theoretically be holding the same exact full house, in which case they would tie and split the pot, but this is extremely rare.
A flush is a hand in which all of the cards are of the same suit, such as A-J-9-7-5, all of diamonds. When two or more players hold a flush, the winning hand is determined by the highest card(s) within the flushes. If two flushes have the same high card, the next highest card is the deciding factor, and so on.
A straight consists of five consecutively-ordered cards that are not suited (they can be any combination of the four suits). An example of a straight is 2-3-4-5-6. The ace can either be high or low, so both A-2-3-4-5 and 10-J-Q-K-A are straights. Wraparounds are not allowed (i.e., K-A-2-3-4 is NOT a straight). When multiple players hold straights, the straight with the highest card(s) wins Thus, K-Q-J-10-9 would beat 5-4-3-2-A. If two straights have the same high card, the next highest card is the deciding factor, and so on. If two straits have exactly the same value, the pot is split.
Three of a Kind
Somebody holding three of a kind has three cards of the same rank with the remaining cards not being a pair (as having a pair in addition to a three of a kind would constitute a full house). Once again, the highest ranking three of a kind would win if multiple players have three of a kind. If two players have equal three of a kinds (only possible in a wild card game), then the highest remaining card in either players hands (the kicker) would determine the pot's winner.
Two distinct pairs of cards and a fifth card. In the event of multiple two-pair hands, the winning hand is determined by the highest pair in a hand. The player with the highest ranking pair wins. If both hands have the same high pair, the winning hand is determined by the second pair. If both hands have the same pairs, the high card (kicker) determines the hand's winner.
A hand with two of the same ranking card along with three other distinct cards. In the event that more than one player is holding a pair, the person with the highest ranking pair wins. A high card (kicker) breaks ties.
When a hand has none of the above card combinations (i.e., nobody is holding even a pair), then the winner is determined by examining the highest card in each player's hand. The player holding the highest ranking card wins. If there is a tie for the high card then the next highest card in each of the tying hands determines the pot's winner, and so on, until the fifth card, unless there is an absolute tie. The High Card (kicker) rule is also used to break ties when higher hands both have the same type of hand (pair, straight, etc.).
If there are other things about poker you want to know you can go to http://www.poker777.com/poker-rules.php which is where i got the hand rankings from, there are heaps of other sections on the site about rules and stuff too.
Obviously, a royal flush has the best chance to win since (barring wild cards) no other hand can beat it. The hand with the best chance to win a lot is a small pair that hits a set on the flop.
4 of a kind
3 of a kind
royal flush kills all but depending on what has been put on the table can change the odds of how good your hand is
3 of a kind + is usually a victory, but this game relies heavily on luck, so make sure u know what your doing before you put the money in
eg. if there is 4 cards of the same suit on the table, it is very likely that someone has a flush, so dont go in if you have a 3 of a kind
I've read about a strategy and Best Poker Hands and I think that the most popular hands will be AA, AK, KK
Fold, Fold and Fold back. you are the chip chief you don;t could desire to make a questionable call to stay interior the game. regardless of in case you had him beat enable him push you off it is not properly well worth the completed tourny life. As yet another poster positioned it you're searching for for motives to fold or advance no longer motives to call.
the good thing about poker?...you can "bluff" if you have garbage
Disclaimer - The Views Expressed In This Article Are Provided By A 3rd Party And May Not Match Those Of Our Website